Parsons Brothers Construction provides services ranging from concrete work, steel building erection, carpentry, remodel work and masonry for mainly commercial and industrial customers, but some residential as well. We work mainly within a 50 mile radius of Stockbridge so our employees can be home with their families at the end of each day.
If you are interested in joining our family, please review the job description of the current employment opportunities we have available.
(Click on a job title to view it’s details.)
Mid-level general laborer, capable of performing assigned duties and tasks as directed to effectively lay out, prepare, and complete activities associated with the carpentry, concrete, masonry, steel erection, and any other jobs that may be scheduled. 3-5 years of general construction experience is preferred. Individual must be able to work with a crew on the construction of projects located outdoors and inside buildings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be proficient with mechanical tools for maintenance of equipment; operate PBC owned equipment and compete all maintenance records on time.
- Full knowledge and ability to operate basic measuring devices to measure, level, mark, shape and cut to specifications construction materials using hand tools and machines or power saws.
- Full knowledge and ability to operate basic tools such as screw guns, drills, impacts, screw drivers, hammers, grinders, etc.
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate the following heavy equipment; boom lifts, scissor lifts, and fork lifts.
- Load and unload materials as directed; carry out planned site preparation for large equipment (backhoe, etc.); be able to supply crews with requested materials in an orderly, safe and timely manner.
- Be able to direct traffic, public and subcontractors to the required areas; be able to maintain the site following the site-specific plan.
- Maintain site organization, site clean-up, maintain barriers and fences; safely remove snow.
- Be able to provide basic rough and finish carpentry skills with the desire to continually improve such skills.
- Be able to retain knowledge learned on each project and have the ability to apply learned techniques to future projects.
- Project a positive image at all times with customers, vendors, subcontractors, visitors and fellow employees.
- Be aware of, understand and follow the PBC safety culture, particularly the use of hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, dust masks, reflective clothing, and assigned harnesses.
- Participate in all company sponsored training and meetings as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent
Strong organizational skills
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels
Ability to follow policy and procedures
Ability to exercise independent judgement
Ability to function in a high paced environment
Organization Skills Flexibility
Good Judgment Adaptability
Communication Skills Time Management
Attention to Detail Attentive Listener
Results Oriented Mechanical Attributes
|Spend Time Sitting||X||Manual Dexterity||X|
|Spend Time Standing||X||Finger Dexterity||X|
|Spend Time Walking||X||Wrist-Finger Speed||X|
|Spend Time Bending or Twisting the Body||X||Peripheral Vision||X|
|Spending Time Kneeling, Crouching, Stooping, or Crawling||X||Far Vision||X|
|Spend Time Climbing Ladders, Scaffolds||X||Visual Color Discrimination||X|
|Spend Time Keeping or Regaining Balance||X||Depth Perception||X|
|Spend Time Making Repetitive Motions||X||Skills|
|Lift/Carry 10 lbs or less||X||Writing||X|
|Lift/Carry 11-15 lbs||X||Letters and Memos||X|
|Lift/Carry 16-20 lbs||X||Electronic Mail||X|
|Lift/Carry 21-40 lbs||X||Speaking||X|
|Lift/Carry 41-50 lbs||X||Public Speaking||X|
|Lift/Carry 50-100+ lbs||X||Active Listening||X|
|Push/Pull||Complex Problem Solving||X|
|Push/Pull 12 lbs or less||X||Contact With Others||X|
|Push/Pull 13-20 lbs||X||Exposure|
|Push/Pull 21-40 lbs||X||Very Hot or Cold Temperatures||X|
|Push/Pull 41-100 lbs||X||Exposed to High Places||X|
|Exposed to Hazardous Conditions||X|
|Exposed to Disease or Infections||X|
|Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable||X|
|Exposed to Whole Body Vibration||X|
|Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment||X|
- Type: Full Time
- Wage: Starting at 22/hr, will adjust depending on experience